How you register to vote depends on your circumstances. Choose the option that best describes you.

Find out more on registering to vote or check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Live in UK

I am a British, Irish, qualifying  Commonwealth or European Union citizen

Help for UK residents

Not sure if your country of origin qualifies?

List of Commonwealth & EU countries

Where do you want to register to vote?

Armed Forces

I am a member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces (in the UK or abroad)

Help for Armed Forces

Also choose this option if you are the Spouse or Civil Partner of a member of the Armed Forces.

Live Overseas

I am a UK Citizen living Overseas

Overseas help

Not sure if you're eligible?

Guidance for UK Citizens living overseas
I am a Crown Servant / British Council employee based overseas

What is a crown servant?

Crown servants work in, for example, a British Embassy or consulate.