I've recently changed my name. How do I update my details on the electoral register?

In England, Scotland and Wales, to change your name on the electoral register you will need to complete a change of name form and return it to your local authority.

These forms are currently only available from your local authority so you will need to contact them to request a form in the post. To find contact details for your local authority, enter your postcode below.

Find my local authority

Enter your postcode to find address and contact details for your local authority

Find your location

By selecting 'Go' you accept our Terms and Conditions.

If you're not sure what your postcode is, find your local council on our A-Z list.