I'm a student – which address should I use to register to vote?

Students may be entitled to register at both their home address and their university address, but can only vote once to the same elected chamber or position.

For example, you may be registered in two different London Boroughs. You can vote once in each borough election as they are elections to two separate town halls, but at the London Mayor and Assembly election you can only vote once as they are elections for the same body or post.

The final decision on a registration rests with the electoral registration officer that you are trying to register with. You should contact your local electoral registration office for further information. To find contact details for your local authority, enter your postcode below.

Find my local authority

Enter your postcode to find address and contact details for your local authority

Find your location

By selecting 'Go' you accept our Terms and Conditions.

If you're not sure what your postcode is, find your local council on our A-Z list.