Please fill in the form. It should only take a few minutes.

You need to be on the electoral register to vote in UK elections and referendums. You are not automatically registered even if you pay council tax. The electoral register is the list of everyone who is registered to vote.

Who can register to vote?

You can register to vote if you are:

• 16 years old or over and
• a British citizen
• an Irish, EU or qualifying Commonwealth citizens. Qualifying Commonwealth citizens are those who have leave to enter or remain in the UK, or do not require such leave

Questions about registering to vote?

Have a look at our further information or our Frequently Asked Questions.

Questions about the security of this online form-filling process?

View our Privacy policy.

About this form
* Denotes a mandatory field

Electoral Registration form

Stage within the form

  • Part A Fill out the Form online
    1. Current Address
    2. Previous Address
    3. About you
    4. Confirm
  • Part B Print and return the form
    1. Print & Sign
      Post Form
download a blank version of the normal form here Scottish Independence Referendum young voter form here.

Your postcode will help us to identify your nearest electoral office.
You can still register to vote even if you don't have a fixed address.

Please read the terms and conditions before accepting

When you are happy that the details you have entered are correct 'continue' to the next step